Alec John Such was the bassist of Bon Jovi from 1983 to 1994. He co-wrote several of the band’s hit songs, including “Livin’ on a Prayer” and “Wanted Dead or Alive”.
Here are 15 interesting things about Alec John Such:
1. Alec John Such was born on November 4, 1951 in Perth Amboy, New Jersey.
The son of a truck driver, Alec John Such began playing the bass guitar at age 14.
2. When he was 19, Such moved to New York City in hopes of starting a career in music. He landed a job as a session musician, and also played in various clubs around the city.
3. In 1982, Such auditioned for the role of bassist in Bon Jovi. He was selected over several other candidates and joined the band shortly thereafter.
4. Alec John Such co-wrote several of Bon Jovi’s most popular songs, including “Livin’ on a Prayer” and “Wanted Dead or Alive”. He also contributed to the writing of “Bad Medicine” and “I’ll Be There for You”.
5. Alec John Such appeared on Bon Jovi’s first five studio albums: “Bon Jovi” (1984), “7800° Fahrenheit” (1985), “Slippery When Wet” (1986), “New Jersey” (1988), and “Keep the Faith” (1992).
6. In 1994, Alec John Such left Bon Jovi due to creative differences. He was replaced by Hugh McDonald, who remains with the band to this day.
7. After his departure from Bon Jovi, Alec John Such formed the band Such Fun with fellow musicians Richie Sambora and Tico Torres. The band released one album, “The Power of Music” (1995), before disbanding shortly thereafter.
8. In recent years, Alec John Such has made occasional guest appearances with Bon Jovi. He most notably rejoined the band onstage at the 2016 Grammy Awards to perform “Livin’ on a Prayer”.
9. Alec John Such is currently married to his second wife, Denise. The couple have two children together: daughter Alexa and son Aiden.
10. Alec John Such’s net worth is estimated to be $40 million. This includes his earnings from Bon Jovi as well as his current investments and real estate holdings.
11. In addition to his musical career, Alec John Such has also dabbled in acting. He appeared in the 1988 film “Young Guns” and had a small role in the 1992 television series “Dream On”.
12. Alec John Such is a fan of the New York Yankees and the New Jersey Devils. He is also a supporter of LGBT rights and has participated in several fundraisers for HIV/AIDS research.
13. Alec John Such has been inducted into both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. He was also honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2011.
14. Despite his success, Alec John Such remains humble and down-to-earth. In an interview, he once said: “I’m just a regular guy who got lucky enough to play bass in one of the biggest bands in the world.”
15. Alec John Such is a true music icon, and his contributions to Bon Jovi have helped shape the sound of rock ‘n’ roll for generations to come. Thank you, Alec, for everything!