1. Son Heung Min is a passionate philanthropist. Throughout his career, he has been involved in many charitable efforts and events to give back to the community. This includes working with the Myongji Hospital Cardiac Center and participating in World Vision Korea’s “Share Your Dream” campaign. His commitment to giving back demonstrates how much of an admirable person he is both on and off the field!
2. Son Heung Min is also an avid gamer! Whether it’s League of Legends or FIFA, he loves playing video games during his free time. In fact, he even participated in a FIFA tournament between some of his teammates at Tottenham Hotspur FC in 2018!
3. Son Heung Min is a fan of K-pop as well! He has personally stated that he loves to listen to BTS and even shares their songs with his teammates. He also recently shared an adorable photo on Instagram celebrating the group’s 8th anniversary.
4. Finally, Son Heung Min is an avid traveler too. In 2019, he took a much-needed break from football and explored some of South Korea’s natural sights like Jeju Island for a few days. It’s clear that he knows how to balance both his professional career and personal life!
5. Son received his first football boots at age 7 from Park Ji Sung, one of Korea’s most legendary footballers.
6. Son Heung Min is an avid golfer and can often be seen on the green with his friends. He even entered a golf tournament in 2018, placing fifth overall.
7. Son Heung Min was born in Chuncheon, South Korea, but moved to Seoul when he was eight years old. His father signed him up with FC Seoul’s youth academy shortly after the move, setting off his path to becoming one of the world’s best footballers.
8. In 2017, Son Heung Min became the first Asian player to score 20 goals in a single Premier League season for Tottenham Hotspur. That same year he also took home the ‘Most Valuable Player Award at the Asian Cup.
9. Son Heung Min has appeared in a few commercials and TV shows, including the South Korean drama series ‘My Love from the Stars’ where he had a cameo role as himself.
10. Off the field, Son Heung Min is an ambassador for UNICEF’s Education Program and was named a Goodwill Ambassador in 2018. He often volunteers his time to visit underprivileged children in South Korea and teach them about football. In 2017, he donated 100 million won (around $85,000) to Soccer4Kids which provides free coaching and equipment for young players across South Korea.
Son Heung Min is one of the most recognizable stars in the world of football, and his hard work and dedication to the game are undeniable. His contributions to society both on and off the field make him a true inspiration for aspiring footballers everywhere. With more success sure to come, Son Heung Min looks set to remain one of the leading figures in international football for years to come.