Gotham Knights is an upcoming video game set in a sprawling open-world version of Gotham City. It promises to deliver an intense, action-packed experience with plenty of surprises along the way. Here are 10 interesting facts about the game that players should know:
1. The game features four playable characters who must work together to save Gotham from a variety of new threats. Players can choose to play as Bruce Wayne’s daughter, Batgirl; former detective Renee Montoya; ex-mobster Richard Grayson; and sidekick Jason Todd.
2. The game features nonlinear storytelling, meaning players can explore and complete missions in any order they choose. This allows for more freedom and customizability when creating a playthrough.
3. Gotham Knights takes place in an open-world version of the city that spans several sections, including the bustling downtown area, the industrial district and even Arkham Asylum.
4. Players have access to a variety of gadgets and tools, such as grappling hooks and batarangs, which can be used to traverse the cityscape or solve puzzles.
5. Combat is heavily focused on melee attacks, with each character having their own unique combat style that reflects their training and background. Players can also unlock new abilities over time as they progress through the game.
6. The game also features cooperative multiplayer where up to four players can team up online to take on challenging missions together in drop-in/drop-out mode.
7. The game will feature a variety of side activities, such as solving puzzles, finding collectables and engaging in combat challenges. Players can also take on optional vigilante missions to help the citizens of Gotham City.
8. The game promises an expansive cast of DC Comics villains, including some fan favorites like Two Face, Scarecrow and Solomon Grundy.
9. The game is being developed by Warner Bros Montreal, who have previously worked on titles in the Batman: Arkham series as well as Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
10. The game is set to release sometime in 2021 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC and Google Stadia platforms. Fans are eagerly awaiting the chance to explore an enormous open-world version of Gotham City.