Morbius is one of the most enigmatic and interesting characters in the Marvel universe. Here are 20 secrets about him that you may not have known.
1. Morbius was originally created as a villain for Spider-Man.
Morbius is a scientist who turned himself into a vampire in order to cure his own blood disease.
2. He was later adapted into a separate character with his own comic book series.
Despite being a villain in his early appearances, Morbius has since become one of the most popular characters in the Marvel universe.
3. He is often portrayed as a tragic figure who is struggling against his own dark impulses.
Many readers find Morbius’s struggle against his own vampiric nature to be compelling and interesting.
4. He has been featured in several animated TV shows and movies.
Morbius has made numerous appearances in various animated TV shows and movies, including Ultimate Spider-Man, The Spectacular Spider-Man, and Marvel’s Blade: The Series.
5. He has also appeared in several video games.
Morbius has appeared in various video games, such as Spider-Man 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and Lego Marvel Super Heroes.
6. Michael Morbius was created by Roy Thomas and Gil Kane.
Roy Thomas and Gil Kane are both comic book legends who have had a major impact on the industry.
7. Morbius was originally going to be called “The Living Vampire”.
The name “Morbius” was eventually chosen because it sounded more sinister and vampire-like.
8. He is sometimes portrayed as a heroic figure.
Morbius has occasionally been portrayed as a heroic figure, such as in the 1992 animated movie, Spider-Man: The Animated Series, and the 2013 video game, Marvel: Avengers Alliance.
9. He was ranked as the 89th greatest comic book character of all time by Wizard magazine.
Wizard magazine is a well-known publication that specializes in comics and pop culture.
10. Morbius once fought alongside Blade against Dracula.
In one comic book crossover, Morbius teamed up with Blade to fight against Dracula.
11. He has a Ph.D in biochemistry from Columbia University.
Despite his vampiric tendencies, Morbius is actually a highly educated scientist.
12. He is immune to sunlight.
Morbius is immune to sunlight, which allows him to venture out during the day without fear of burning up.
13. He has a powerful healing factor.
Morbius’s healing factor is so powerful that he can recover from even the most grievous injuries relatively quickly.
14. He was once married to Martine Bancroft.
Martine Bancroft is a character who has appeared in various Morbius comics over the years.
15. He has two children, Michael and Lilith.
Michael and Lilith are Morbius’s son and daughter, respectively.
16. He has at times been a member of the Avengers and the X-Men.
Morbius has at times been a member of both the Avengers and the X-Men, two of the most popular superhero teams in comics.
17. He has his own comic book series, The Morbius Show.
In 2012, Marvel announced that they were launching a new Morbius comic book series called The Morbius Show.
18. He was portrayed by Jared Leto in the 2018 movie, Venom.
Jared Leto is a well-known actor who has starred in films such as Dallas Buyers Club and Suicide Squad.
19. He is set to appear in his own standalone movie.
It was recently announced that Sony is planning to release a standalone Morbius movie in 2020.
20. Despite being a vampire, Morbius does not drink blood.
Morbius does not drink blood, even though most other vampires do.