1. In 2017, Harden became one of only two players in NBA history to average at least 25 points, 8 assists, and 6 rebounds for a full season (the other being Oscar Robertson). This achievement earned him the nickname “The King James Harden”.
2. After winning the MVP award in 2018, The Beard became the first player since Michael Jordan in 1988 to win both an MVP and a scoring title in back-to-back seasons. He is also the first player ever to lead the league in total points and assists during the same season.
3. Despite his offensive prowess, James Harden is an excellent defender as well; he was named to the All-Defensive second team in 2019.
4. Harden is a six-time All-Star and has been named to the All-NBA team five times in his career – three times as an All-NBA First Team member (2014, 2018, 2019) and twice on the Second Team (2016, 2017).
5. In addition to his impressive individual accolades, James Harden also has four Western Conference championships under his belt, including two with Houston Rockets (2015 & 2018). He was also part of the USA Basketball Men’s National Team that won gold at the 2012 London Olympics. Overall, it’s no surprise that he is considered one of the best basketball players in history!
6. He has a signature step-back three-point shot that gives him an advantage on the court, making it difficult for defenders to guard against him. This move was made even more recognizable when he joined the Houston Rockets, where his shooting skill has enabled him to become one of the top scorers in the league.
7. While many people recognize Harden as being an outstanding shooter, his game goes beyond that and involves other aspects like dribbling, scoring off the drive, and passing. In fact, during his time with the Rockets, he led them to two 50-win seasons and back-to-back Western Conference Finals appearances.
8. King James Harden does not have any tattoos or piercings but his signature beard has become iconic. His famous facial hair began when he was in college and he has been wearing it ever since, prompting the nickname “King James” for Harden.
9. After joining the Rockets in 2012, Harden quickly became one of the most popular players in the NBA because of his skill, leadership, and style on the court. He is also known for his charitable contributions to communities all over the world, including a partnership with Best Buddies International that helps support adults and children with intellectual disabilities.
10. Even though he may be best known as an incredible scorer and three-point shooter, Harden also works hard to improve other aspects of his game like passing and defense. This dedication has resulted in him earning the NBA MVP award in 2018 and multiple All-Star appearances, making him one of the top players in the league.
King James Hardens skill and dedication have enabled him to become one of the premier players in the NBA and a fan favorite all over the world. His unique style and game make him an exciting player to watch on any court, whether it be in his hometown Houston Rockets, or on national television. From his iconic beard to his signature shot, there is no doubt that he will continue to leave his mark on basketball for years to come.